(almost a month ago, haha, only a leeettle behind over here)
It's really hitting me this year, just how fast they grow.
Boston is SEVEN.
In another seven years he'll be a teenager. What? no.
Yes. It's true.
This year Bost really took the leap into "big kid" status.
He's adventurous, curious, responsible, kind, smart, and has a humongoginormous sense of humor and creativity.
We bought this bike for him in April and had been hiding it, and we were SO excited to finally give it to him. He's such a great kid, and he had been on an old hand me down bike before this one. It was SO fun to see how excited he was.
Bost doesn't like cake or frosting, but he LOVES cinnamon rolls, so I made him a giant cinnamon roll cake.
Annnd, a few pics from his pirate birthday party (his first friend party...with 22 kids!!!! more on that soon!):
Every kid likes cake at a party, right? So I had to make cupcakes. Ok, I just love cake.
Fish n' chips, standard pirate fare.
Dev built a plank for walkin' as part of a treasure hunt.
At seven years old:
- He loves to go on bike rides, and he asks to come running with me nearly every time I go. I can't wait until he can come farther and farther with me as he gets older.
- His legos, transformers, and rescue bots are like family 'round these parts.
- He has the cutest little laugh.
- He watches out for Ellee and Tagg and loves to make them laugh.
- He seriously just loves to make people laugh. At school, church, home, stores. Everywhere, all the time. But he does it with such a sweet smile, and those big brown eyes, that it usually keeps him out of trouble.
- He also roughs Tagg enough to keep him tough, but it's sweet to see how they really are best friends. They fight like brothers do (too much! haha), but when Boston got to go to a friend's birthday party he was distraught that Tagg couldn't come because "Tagg is my best friend of all!".
- His favorite foods are french fries, popcorn, waffles, cinnamon rolls, crackers, and cereal. He is very very picky, and doesn't like certain textures.
- He loves animals and is very sweet towards them.
- He has a big heart and considers every kid his friend, he loves to include everyone and bring people together.
- His reading and academics are far above his grade level, but he is thoroughly enjoying summer break.
- He has A TON of energy
- He thinks the typical little boy humor is capital "h" Hilarious. Toilets, underpants, burping... ohhhh burping. All gut busting funnies.
- He is soooooo soooo sweet to Ellee and would do anything for her.
- He likes to think things through before trying new things.
- He is very good at building things. Legos, blocks, forts, etc.
We are so proud of you Boston!!! We love you so much!
Happy Birthday sweet boy. We are so blessed to have you.